Original Baptist Church

1st Baptist

First organized in May, 1869, the original Baptist church was constructed in the summer of 1873 on land donated by Ralph Fowler. It was originally located on North Ann Street, north of Power Street. In September 1875 the congregation voted to exchange the church lot with A. D. Benjamin for one on the northwest corner of Grand River and Maple Street. The church was moved there and used as a church until March, 1894. The building still stands and is used as a house, although in a modified state.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.