Original First Methodist Episcopal Church

Previous
1st Methodist

When Ralph Fowler founded the village in 1836, he talked with his brother about donating this property for a Methodist church, as their mother was Methodist. Preparation began in 1863 and the church was dedicated March 14, 1866. This photo was taken after 1874, as the parsonage, visible on the right, was built that year.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.