Fenton Drugs

Previous
fentondrugs

A view of the north side of East Grand River Avenue in Fowlerville circa 1943. The sign in the middle reading Drugs is Fenton Drugs. Originally Cooper Drugs, the store was started by Joseph Cooper in 1888, and was first located further west (left) where another drug store sign is just visible. It was moved to the site in the center in 1891, after a fire destroyed nearly every building visible in this photo. Lewis Cooper sold the business to Clayton Fenton in 1911. Currently it is the site of Fowlerville Pharmacy. As of 2007 there has been a pharmacy at this site for 116 years.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.