Collins Street School with Union School

Collins St School Union School

The Collins Street building was begun in 1949, and originally served Handy District No. 6 as an elementary school (this was before consolidation of the outlying country schools into Fowlerville Community Schools). The projected cost for the building was $65,000. The large windowed area was meant as a kindergarten classroom, while the office is just visible through the entryway. There were five other classrooms in the building. Eventually the building became part of Fowlerville Middle School, along with the former High School across the street, and was used by the school district until 1982. It is currently used as the Fowlerville Senior Citizen's Center.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.