The South Handy School was located on the southwest corner of N. Gregory Road and Sargent Road. Directly to the north across Sargent Road is visible part of the South Handy Methodist Episcopal Church, which was there from 1889 through the 1920s. The barns in the background were used for horses and carriages to be stored during church services. The South Handy School differed from other township schools in that is was not wood, but rather was constructed of stone block. This photo is courtesy of Marilyn Carson.