#1. C. D. Hamilton Store, 100 East Grand River

Previous
Hamilton's 1915

Located at 100 East Grand River, the C. D. Hamilton building starts off the tour. The building was built in 1883 and is the oldest remaining building in the business district. For 60 years starting in 1903, C. D. Hamilton offered household items and dry goods such as linens and towels as well as ladies' wear, while milliners, doctors, and dentists rented rooms upstairs. This photo is from 1915.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.