#10. 245 S Grand

245 S Grand

This Italianate/Victorian home was built in 1873 and owned by Albert D. Benjamin, a son-in-law of John Fowler. He was the son of Delsey Benjamin and Amelia Watkins, early pioneers in the area. Built with a hip roof and decorative eave brackets, the home was the first house on the block to have indoor plumbing. It has been owned since 1971 by the Hines family, who replaced many original trim elements lost when the house was a multi-family rental during and after the Depression.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.