#11. First Baptist Church, 214 South Grand Avenue

Holt & Hart 112-56 Bap Parsonage copy

The first Baptist church was built in 1873 on North Ann Street and relocated in 1875 to 435 East Grand River (see #34). The new church, named Carey Centennial Baptist Church, was dedicated in 1894. It has since been renamed First Baptist Church.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.