#17. Palmerton Block, 100 West Grand River

Palmerton Building Round

This is the third structure on this site known as the Palmerton Block, after owner George Palmerton. Fire destroyed both the original wooden building in 1876 and the brick building which replaced the original structure in 1891. It was renamed the Sidell Block in 1945 and now houses Harmon Real Estate. The photo is from the late 1890s.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.