At the far right was the site of Lovely's Opera House before it was destroyed by fire in March, 1891. It was replaced in 1899 by the three story building in the photo, which housed the fire department, village offices, Handy Township offices and the jail on the first floor, the City Opera House on the second floor, and the Masonic Lodge on the third floor. It also housed the library until the early 1970s. Currently it, and the one-story building directly to the left house the offices of Handy Township. The upper offices are no longer used. The one-story building was the former location of the Fowlerville Review.