#21. Livingston Mills (Birdsall Mill), northeast corner of North Grand Avenue and Mill Street

Holt & Hart 112-2 Livingston Mills

This early grist mill, for grinding wheat and corn into flour, became the Birdsall Mill in the 1920s. In 1949 it was sold and became the H. M. & G. Feed company. The mill was closed in 1961 and was used as an intentional burn exercise by the fire department. The property became the new homes of the Fowlerville District Library and the Fowlerville Area Fire Department.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.