#23. Spencer Drugs (later Woods Drugs), 105 East Grand River

woods

James P. Spencer opened his drug store in 1886. From the mid-1920s until 1969, it was known as Woods Drug Store. Thomas Woods filled prescriptions, sold ice cream and soda fountain drinks, and stocked health and personal items. At the far left can be seen the A&P grocery store. This photo was taken before 1925.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.