#34. 435 E. Grand River (corner of Maple Street)

This home was the original Baptist Church, built in 1873 on North Ann Street, north of Power Street, on land donated by Ralph Fowler. It was moved to this location in 1875 and was used as a church until 1894, when the Baptist Church on South Grand Avenue was finished. Only the entrance, which was centrally located, and the roofline resemble the original structure. It is currently a rental property.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.