#38. 701 E. Grand River

Known locally as the Daly-Eaton House, the oldest home still existing in Fowlerville was built in 1857 at the corner of Grand River and Second Street, where a small parking lot for the bank is now found. It is in the Greek Revival style, noted by formal porch columns and wide barge boards under the eaves. Originally the home of Dr. Byron Defendorf, it was moved to its current location int eh 1920s by then-owner Bill Peek, although one wing was moved to South Collins Street and turned into a home for Peek's daughter. CIvil War letters were found during the move, and arrowheads and bones were discovered at the new site, which used to be part of the village cemetery.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2017 by Michael Grimm.