#7. St. Agnes Catholic Church, now the Village Chapel, 123 South Second Street


The first St. Agnes Catholic Church was built in 1891 at the southeast corner of Church Street and Maple Street. On May 15, 1909 a devastating tornado tore off the roof and crumbled the walls, but by October 20, 1909 a new cornerstone was laid at this site. St. Agnes is now located at 855 East Grand River.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2024 by Michael A. Grimm.