#4. George A. Newman Building, 134 & 136 East Grand River


This brick structure was built in 1904 by George A. Newman (note name above the doorways) after a devastating fire destroyed all of the wooden buildings along this street. Containing two storefronts, it has housed a bank, jewelry and electronics repair, bakery, post office, and retail stores. Currently it is the home of Lansing Opthalmology and Shear Image.

Site and Photos, unless otherwise noted, are copyright 2007-2024 by Michael A. Grimm.